Our plan builds on the progress we’ve made investing in the middle class, and those working hard to join them. Under our plan, we will cut taxes for the middle class without giving a break to millionaires. We will ban assault rifles and strengthen gun control. And we will continue to take bold action to protect our environment and fight climate change.
When a Liberal government is re-elected, the average Canadian will also:
- Save 25 per cent on their cell phone plans ;
- Save nearly $300 a year when we lower taxes for everyone but the already wealthy;
- See seniors’ Old Age Security go up by at least $729 when they turn 75;
- Save hundreds of dollars a month on mortgage payments on their first home;
- Save $800 a year when we lower fees for before and after school child care;
- Get up to $1,000 more to help with the costs of raising a newborn when we boost the Canada Child Benefit for children under the age of one; and
- Get more money when we make maternity and parental benefits tax-free, and 15 weeks of paid leave if they adopt.